Saturday, August 21, 2010

Beauty is as......

You ever get into a funk about getting older? I must admit I sometimes do. I miss my flat stomach that fit perfectly in everything I wore, flexible joints that could dance until 4 am. Oh .....and how bout that baby bottom skin! Well... to my defense, it really doesn't help when you live in the most vain country in the world. A country where the obsession of staying young, fit and looking better than the next person is more important than health care, and the ozone layer. Aside from the look of things.... I truly miss my fearlessness. Not giving a {bleep} and being non-apologetic for it. Yes...yes... with age comes responsibility, and the learning of how to become less self absorbed, but the freedom of not being consumed with what others think and living your life for you...PRICELESS!


            MY AGE AND BEYOND 
         Sanna Lathan 38              Stacey Dash 44              Demi Moore  47           Victoria Rowell 51    
           Kenya Moore 38             Gwen Stafani 40             Angela Bassett 50           Tina Turner 71     
              
On a more positive note.... I realize that the meat and potatoes of it is, perception. A favorite word of mine lately.... Perception of who you are... what growing older means to you. .... how you see yourself. I know looking well means a great deal to me. I find that to be realistic! "Being your best is the best compliment you could give yourself"....yeah ... I like that!  Oh ... what about... "Being your best.... is the best compliment you will ever get!  Beauty is a beautiful thing. We just have to understand that it should also exist on the inside. Nothing like a person that shines from within.

These ladies are some of my examples of what ...being your best where you are is all about.

ciao 4 now...

1 comment: