Wednesday, July 7, 2010

To Thine Self Be True...

 image via: Soulbounce.com
Don't you just love it .. when you have those days, where you feel like you can take on the world...YEAH! Come at me... I'm waiting! Well I had one of those today. Out of no where you are reminded of all those special qualities that you possess, the ones that have always been with you, that will never go anywhere... The ones you just pushed to the side... filed away.... while maybe getting too caught up in the monotony. The main qualities that matter at the end of the day. The stuff that no one can take away from you, that no one can impersonate. The unique... unapologetic .... undeniable ... YOU. 

At the same time... I crave for so much MORE...but who doesn't. It's what keeps us passionate about being alive... but that wanting in me....involves knowing, feeling and understanding. Surpassing blocks. Blocks that keep me from getting the true essence of living .....of loving.

When I travel the world,  I want to be able to grasp everything possible that will come with that experience. I pray to be capable of absorbing everything down to the sounds, smells and tastes. This is only possible when you allow the light in. No boundaries in mind or spirit. I guess the meat of it is limits. Limits we sometimes put on ourselves without realizing it. We may think we are bold in the way we dress, speak or present ourselves.. but are we bold in being completely who we know we are. Or, are we starring in an "UN-reality show?" Doing what others expect of us. Playing the rebel, bitch or even victim because that's what is expected or just being afraid. Meanwhile, missing out on precious ............(again) .........precious time. 

What the f**k was that?............Growth ... I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment